Profitable Preparedness Podcast – Episode 44
How to be a Good Citizen
Where we help hardworking people in the preparedness community break out of corporate America to live a totally free life.
Rule #1 to Being a Good Citizen
Do not be an asshole
- According to our calculations, there are 9,789,000,000 assholes in the world
- Good news… It’s not very difficult to avoid being an asshole
- Be kind to others
- Think about how your actions or words affect others BEFORE you act or say them
- Feel free to believe in whatever or whoever you want. Be attracted to, vote for or spend your time or money however you see fit
- Just don’t persecute or attack others for not feeling the same way
- Feel free to share your views on religion, relationships, money, politics or other societal issue
- Do not expect your views, however, to influence anyone else. And definitely do not get mad or violent if it does not.
- If you have a cart load of whatever, and the person behind you has 6 items or less. Let them pass.
- If you pull up to a gas pump. Pull all the way to the farthest pump to allow others to pull in behind you.
- Open doors for others.
- Help those in need
- Pay it forward. If someone does something nice for you don’t just take it. Do something nice for someone else.
- Help those who are less fortunate, less able or less deserving. Maybe you will inspire them to do the same
Rule #2 of Being a Good Citizen
Take care of and embrace nature
- Even if you are not an “outdoorsy” person, occasionally take your family out for a hike, fishing, a camping trip or tubing. Let them decide for themselves.
- My personal opinion is that being in nature is bridge to our ancestors. There is something centering and soothing on a primal level.
- When in nature, leave it better than you found it
- Anything you can do to be environmentally responsible do it
- You will miss it when it’s gone
- Give you kids an excuse to get their faces out of a screen
- Teach them something while out in nature
- If you do not know anything, learn together
Rule #3 to Being a Good Citizen
Live a life that supports financial responsibility
- Start today
- Start paying off your debt (lowest balance, etc.)
- Start living within your means. Spend less than you make
- Do what your grandparents did, save for big purchases and do not go into debt
- When you pay off that debt, celebrate like you won the lottery… Because you did.
- With that money you used to spend on interest, save and start accruing interest
- Remember, compounding interest can work for you with investments or against you with debt
- Take pride in the fact that you are in the 23% of Americans that have no debt
Rule #4 to Being a Good Citizen
Become responsible for being prepared for yourself and your family
- Start preparing for weather related events (food, water, batteries/energy, heating/cooling, power)
- Set a goal to thrive in your house for 72 hours
- Then expand to one week
- Once you get that behind you, start preparing for job loss or serious illness
- Don’t be fragile, be resilient
- Learn worthwhile skills
- Practice said skills
- Master those skills
- Teach your kids those skills
- Build memories in the process
- Take Pride in the fact that you are responsible and independent to take care of you and your families needs
Rule #5 to Being a Good Citizen
- Visit https://profitablepreparedness.com
- Put your email in the box at the top of the homepage to sign up for our podcast
- Go to www.facebook.com/profitablepreparedness
- Like and follow
- While you are there vote on the poll, it’s almost over
- And finally, share with your friends and family. Spread a little positivity into the world via us… Crystal and Justin… Profitable Preparedness
© 2018 – 2019 – Profitable Preparedness Inc. – All Rights Reserved