Profitable Preparedness Podcast – Episode 10
Life Preparedness – 5 Areas of Focus for True Freedom
We as Americans live in a free country, meaning that we are free to follow our dreams, believe in whatever higher power we choose or not believe in anything at all. We can date who we want, eat want we want, live where we want and choose any career path that appeals to us. And although certain political extremist groups try to censor it, we can say whatever we want.
So, if we live in a free country… Why are we discussing Freedom?
While we do enjoy more freedoms than most countries, We tend to shackle ourselves in self imposed restraints. Maybe it is by design or maybe it is human nature, but I have reached the point in my life where I desperately crave to break out of the shackles of normal American life and pursue a different kind of dream.
As Jim Morrison said in Five to One by The Doors; We trade in our hours for a handful of dimes.
Before we move on: What does True Freedom look like to you?
Prioritize your Life
- Work, Family, Material Possessions
- What is holding you back?
- Mid Life Crisis
- Why not make life easier?
- The American work ethic
- If you had no time and money restraints?
- If you could live anywhere
- What would vacations look like?
- How would you support your family?
- What would you enjoy doing regardless of pay?
Get your Health in Order
- Most people have 100’s of dreams; a person in poor health only has one (Joe Polish)
- Health and Time are the most important resources
- Do anything possible to get off of medications
- SHTF and diabetes, blood pressure, sleep apnea, cancer
- Foundation of everything
Health Freedom and the Roles of Essential Oils
For a few years now I have been battling Graves Disease (Hyper-thyroid) and Degenerative Disc Disease. I am not a licensed medical care provider, these are all my opinions and what has worked for me thus far in a homeopathic way to better my health and mind.
- Lemon Oil
- Lemon essential oil can act as a mood enhancer
- Inspire positive thinking and promote balance
- Can be used in water to help detoxify blood, kidneys and liver
- Immunity, lymphatic and circulatory system stimulant
- Lemon is antiseptic, anti-acid, antibacterial, anti-fungal, astringent, anti-infectious, antiviral, and a bactericide
- Lemon helps remove corns and warts, and soothes insect bites and stings
- Can also be used for diabetes, gallstones, kidney stones, infections, constipation, and anemia
- Used also as an air sanitizer and can be made into homemade household cleaners
- Antibiotic, antibacterial, anticonvulsive, antidepressant, antiseptic
- Highly recommended for burns, blisters, sores, scars, acne, eczema, and wounds because it promotes new cell growth
- Sedative to the heart that lowers high blood pressure and palpitations
- Balances central nervous system
- Good for headaches, insomnia, colds, indigestion, infections, nerve pain, sprains, and vomiting
- Reduces cholesterol and may kills lice and mites
- Very good disinfectant and deodorant
- Effective for relaxation during childbirth
- Tea Tree Oil
- Antiseptic, antiviral, anti-fungal, antibacterial, antibiotic, and anti-infectious
- Very cleansing for wounds, burns, sores, warts, herpes, acne, and athlete’s foot
- Safe for childhood diseases like chickenpox, poison oak, measles, rash and cuts. It is safe to use neat (no carrier needed)
- Immune system stimulant and helps fights off many infections including dental, ear, lung, urinary, vaginal, and yeast
- Beneficial for cystitis, MRSA, sunburns, itching, lice, candida, blisters, boils, bronchitis, colds, and toothaches
- Also been found to be protective against radiation
- Many oral hygiene and deodorant products contain Tea Tree
- Pain reliever and astringent
- Good for headaches, muscles aches, itching, inflammation and sunburn
- Perfect for colds, asthma, bronchitis, hemorrhoids, fevers, and hot flashes
- Good digestive tonic for food poisoning, vomiting, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome, diarrhea, travel sickness, and nausea
- Stimulant for numb limbs, shock, fainting, and dizziness
- Other uses include: acne, oily skin, anemia, decongestant, rheumatoid arthritis, varicose veins, bad breath, deodorant, disinfectant, ant and rodent repellant
- Oil Pulling
- Mouth is considered as the mirror of the general health of human body
- An estimated 80% of disease symptoms are caused by problems in the mouth, including cancer
- Oil pulling is a traditional folk remedy practiced in ancient India. It is believed to cure more than thirty systemic diseases when practiced regularly and as directed, ranging from migraine/headache to diabetes and asthma
- It is also said to cure and prevent bad breath, bleeding gums, cracked lips, throat dryness and tooth decay in addition to strengthening gums, jaws and teeth and whitening the teeth
- Due to occurrence of side effects to modern medicines and oral hygiene products, people are increasingly attracted towards complementary and traditional practices
- Oil pulling works by cleaning (detoxifying) the oral cavity
- Autoimmune disorders can be resolved by getting rid of toxic dental materials
- The oral detoxification procedure is simply done by swishing 1-2 tablespoons of unrefined/organic coconut oil (can also use sesame or sunflower oil) in your mouth for 10-20 minutes a day (or 3-4x per week) in the mornings on an empty stomach before breakfast
- You can also include a drop of Tea Tree Oil in your carrier oil if you are battling an infection
- Once you have swished for about 20 minutes make sure to spit out the oil in a garbage can
- Rinse your mouth out with warm water and brush your teeth as normal
- Viola! You are on your way to a healthier, brighter smile and overall better health